Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Restaurant Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Assist Food & Beverage Servers in all aspects of the dining experience
- Assist guests regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way
- Ensure the proper set up of all side stations in the outlet
- Have knowledge of beverage lists and promotions
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Ensure cleaning schedule is adhered to and to the required standard.
- Sweep, mop and polish restaurant.
- Wash down bar; clean and polish equipment.
- Clean lights, fans, chairs and tables.
- Make sure all areas of the bars and restaurants are clean, including side boards.
- Clean and mop lounge bar and equipment.
- Assist barman with transporting of stock from Department Store Rooms.
- Stock stipulated Food & Beverage areas with ice, as required.
- Make sure bar and restaurant equipment is correctly stored.
- Transport used linen to and from Housekeeping/Laundry for use in Food & Beverage service areas.
- Stock and tidy up Store Room.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous service experience will be an asset
- Primary school education
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times