The key responsibilities of the Commis 1 include :
- Prepares and services all food items according to Pan Pacific Hotel recipes and standards
- Ensures consistency in taste and presentation of all food items.
- Maintains daily mis-en-place and prepares certain food items for the following days duties
- Has the ability and flexibility to work in all areas of the kitchen such as Café Pacifica hot & cold line, Garde Manger and Banquet kitchen.
- Has the ability and flexibility to be scheduled for opening and closing shifts in the Café Restaurant and Banquet Production as well as weekends.
- Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- Monitors related equipment, reporting any problems or inconsistencies to the Sous Chef
- Assumes responsibilities of the Chef de Partie in their absence
- Performs other related duties as required