Assists the Restaurant Manager in directing and organizing the staff of A.T. (Ariccia Trattoria), Piccolo Bar and Lounge, Caffé Siena, In-Room Dining and our Executive Floor Lounge to ensure first class service, food & beverage offerings and marketing to maximize profits and guest satisfaction
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in Interviewing, selecting, training, supervising, counseling and disciplining outlet staff.
- Supervising the floor during meal periods to ensure that all Capella standards and steps of service are met through all guests interactions.
- Ensuring that checklists, requisitions and proper opening and closing functions are being completed each shift.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the staff.
- Observe performance and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Ensure staffing levels for all outlets are accurate based on hotel and outlet business levels. Organize and conduct pre-shift and departmental meetings communicating pertinent information to the staff, such as house count and menu changes.
- Communicate with guests and employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situation and/or heavy hotel activity, serving as a role model for the staff and other hotel employees.
- Ensure basic standard operating procedures for all outlets are in place and are in compliance with Federal, state, local and Capella’s own practices. (e.g. ServSafe, Responsible Vendor)
- Ensuring that all steps of services as outlines in training materials are being followed on a daily basis.
- Interact positively with customers promoting hotel facilities and services. Resolve problems to the satisfaction of involved parties. Answer telephones in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations. Organize special events in the restaurant such as receptions. Maintain rapport with all departments and attend relevant meetings.
- Move throughout the facility and kitchen areas to visually monitor and take action to ensure food quality and service standards are met. Verify temperatures, judge appearance and taste of products and check preparation methods to determine quality. Give guidance toward improvement and make necessary adjustments for consistency.
- Utilize computer to accurately charge customers, create forecast and revenue reports and write correspondence. Input and retrieve data and change computer procedures using complex series of keypunches to program system.
- Ensure that all standards and hotel cash handling procedures are met.
- Maintain cleanliness of all outlets on a daily basis.
- Solicit feedback from guests concerning the service and food & beverage offerings in all outlets.
- Work closely with the Restaurant Manager, Executive Assistant Manager, Food & Beverage and Director of Finance in monthly beverage inventory and quarterly china/glass/silver/linen inventory.
- Ensure all daily and monthly reports are detailed and submitted in a timely matter.
- Assist the restaurant manager with working closely with Marketing and Social Media Manager to ensure that all promotions and collateral updates (including social media and website information and menu updates) are done in a timely matter.
- Assist the Restaurant Manager in planning and setting up special events for A.T. and Piccolo bar and Lounge (e.g. Beer, wine and spirit dinners, Mother’s Day, Easter, Father’s Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Graduation, New Years, Holiday Events, etc.)